City Theatrical DMXcat Multifunction DMX Test Tool
Manufacturer: City Theatrical
Model Number: DMXcat p/n 6000$ 50.00 / day
Lighting Lighting Consoles Lighting Cables
City Theatrical DMXcat Multifunction DMX Test Tool:
Includes: USB to Micro-USB Charging Cable, M to M 5-Pin Turnaround, Beltclip and Case.
***Android or iOS Device not included with rental.
The DMXcat™ system from City Theatrical is a useful device that’s designed for the lighting professional who is involved with the planning, installation, operation, or maintenance of theatrical and/or studio lighting equipment. It consists of a compact hardware interface device and a suite of mobile applications. Together, they combine to bring DMX/RDM control plus several other functionalities to the user’s smartphone for use wherever and whenever needed. Developed with input from designers and technicians, the DMXcat should prove to be an indispensable tool for lighting users. The DMXcat will operate with both Android and IPhones.
DMXcat’s interface unit is a small battery device that can easily fit in a pocket or tool pouch, or can be worn on a belt. It employs Bluetooth® LE technology for communication with the smartphone/applications (up to 35ft range). Without the limitations of a physical connection, the user is free move about the work-space as needed with their smartphone, running the various apps, while still using the phone for on-the-job communication. The device’s 5-pin XLRF connector/cable assembly allows it to be connected to a point in a DMX data chain to allow testing and/or control of the various DMX/RDM channel functions. It is charged using a standard USB to Micro-USB cable and charger.
Other highlights include a built-in LED flashlight, audible alarm (for locating a misplaced unit), LED Status indicator, plus a removable belt clip.
- DMX Controller
- Fixture Controller
- RF Spectrum Analyzer
- DIP Switch Calculator
- Light Meter (Android only)
- Interface device is a compact battery powered device unit
- Bluetooth LE technology for communication with smartphone/applications
- 5-pin XLRF connector/cable assembly allows it to be connected to a point in a DMX data chain
- USB to Micro-USB cable and charger
- CTI Part No.: 6000
- Wireless communication: Bluetooth LE
- Range: 35ft (10m)
- Status LED indicator: Yes, multicolor
- Flashlight: White LED
- Charging port: Micro USB
- DMX connection: 5PXLRF (5-pin female XLR)
- Apps: 7- Android and 6- iOS
- Optional: RDM Controller, DMX Tester
- Construction: NEMA 1 ABS enclosure
- Dimensions (WxLxH): 1.63″ x 3.75″ x .94″ (41.4 x 95.3 x 23.9mm)
- Weight: 0.3 lbs (0.14 kg)
- Compliance: CE, RoHS, FCC
There are currently seven (7) tools available or in development for use within the DMXcat app. Apps are available through Google Play (Android) or the Appstore (IPhone).
- DMX Controller: a single universe (512) DMX channel controller with two (2) user interfaces
- Fixture ControllerDMX: test app for multi-attribute fixtures with built in database of lighting fixtures
- RDM Controller: App for bi-directional communication/control of RDM enabled devices
- DMX Tester: Permits users to analyze and or adjust settings for transmitting or receiving DMX
- RF Spectrum Analyzer: For surveying and visualizing Wi-Fi® networks
- DIP switch calculator: This app simplifies the configuring of DIP switches used for setting DMX addresses
- Light Meter (Android only): Useful for setting light levels for on-camera use